Experienced board-certified behavior analysts and registered behavior technicians help to understand the relationship between a child’s behavior and their environment and how one can influence the other. ABA therapy applies our understanding of how behavior works to real situations. The goal is to increase behaviors that are helpful and decrease behaviors that are harmful or affect learning and daily functions.
Our ABA professionals can help with the following:
- Conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment
- Improve communication skills
- Decrease problem behaviors
- Improve attention, focus, and memory related to academics
- Social Language Skills
- Improve functional independence in activities of daily living
- Teach skills and appropriate behaviors that are useful in everyday life
- Provide interventions and support in many different locations- at home, school and the community
Could my child benefit from ABA therapy?
Our experts in the area of ABA interventions can determine if therapy is warranted, and if so develop a plan of care that meets your child’s needs. At TPI, your child’s therapy program will begin with a thorough Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA). This initial evaluation consists of a discussion about their individualized goals for the therapy program. Your child’s BCBA therapist will then design a plan to achieve goals and facilitate their most optimal potential.